Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Strawberry production in Puebla increased by 707.8%
The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, Fisheries and Food (SAGARPA) reported that strawberry production in Puebla had increased by 707.8% between 2015 and 2016.
According to the Agricultural Food Atlas 2017, the state of Puebla produced a volume of 198 tons, which makes it one of the 10 most important strawberry producers in the country. This volume, however only accounts for 0.05% of the national strawberry production.
Mexico produced a total of 468,248 tons. Michoacan was the main producer with 341 thousand tons. Michoacan accounts for 72% of the national production. It is followed by Baja California North with 70 thousand tons, Guanajuato with 37 thousand tons, and Baja California South with 7 thousand tons.
According to SAGARPA, consumption per person is 1.9 kilograms. Mexico is the third biggest producer of strawberries in the world. The leading producer is China, which in 2016 produced 3,113,000 tons of strawberries.
Source: andado urbano.com
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: