Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Strawberry production in Puebla increased by 707.8%
The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, Fisheries and Food (SAGARPA) reported that strawberry production in Puebla had increased by 707.8% between 2015 and 2016.
According to the Agricultural Food Atlas 2017, the state of Puebla produced a volume of 198 tons, which makes it one of the 10 most important strawberry producers in the country. This volume, however only accounts for 0.05% of the national strawberry production.
Mexico produced a total of 468,248 tons. Michoacan was the main producer with 341 thousand tons. Michoacan accounts for 72% of the national production. It is followed by Baja California North with 70 thousand tons, Guanajuato with 37 thousand tons, and Baja California South with 7 thousand tons.
According to SAGARPA, consumption per person is 1.9 kilograms. Mexico is the third biggest producer of strawberries in the world. The leading producer is China, which in 2016 produced 3,113,000 tons of strawberries.
Source: andado urbano.com
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: