Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- "As soon as I saw the Kiwano melon I thought - this is something special"
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
China: High quality Anyue lemons successfully enter the Russian market
The Chengdu Handles Trade Co., Ltd and Russia's largest retail trader Magnit recently signed an agreement for a year-round lemon supply that is worth over 10 million USD. The variety to be exported is a yellow lemon from Anyue, Sichuan, the Youlike.
Standardized lemon plantation
Anyue is the country's only county devoted to the commercial production of lemons. It is the country's source for organically produced lemons, and an example of quality and safety in export. In production scale and output, Anyue lemons account for over 80% of the domestic market and 10% of the international market. Anyue is hailed as the lemon capital of China.
"We organically combine an increase in quantity and quality," said the director of the Anyue county department for the lemon industry, Tian Zaize. In practical terms, they integrate and spread the transformation of medium- and low yield orchards and the optimization of technology in new, demonstration orchards. In this way they can effectively increase the lemon yield. They adopted a cultivation model with "deep trenches, high ridges, and few trees". Furthermore, pruning is avoided in the first three years of a tree.
In transformed orchards the three-meter spacing between trees is changed to six meters, which solves the problem of trees blocking each other's sunlight. The deep trenches and high ridges solve the problem of irrigation. The natural environment that results from transformation through science improves the growth of lemons day by day. The output per 0.07 hectare goes from 1.500 kilo to 2.500 kilo. The income of farmers also increases. Apart from this, applying fertilizer is also a core value in safeguarding high quality fresh fruit production.
Harvesting fresh fruit
Nowadays, there are two things lemon farmers in Anyue absolutely do not use as means of agricultural production. They do not use pesticides prohibited by national stipulations, and they do not use pesticides limited or prohibited by the Codex Alimentarius of the main export destinations such as the United States, Japan, the European Union, Russia, and Southeast Asia.
High quality Youlike lemons
At present, the high quality lemons from Chengdu Handles Trade Co., Ltd are not only exported to the Russian market, but also to Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong. This company hopes to optimize deployment of natural resources in the expansion of existing, overseas markets. They plan to further expand markets in the Middle East and Europe through the China-Europe Express Railway.
For further information:
International market department:
Wen Yuelin (Jason Wen) telephone: +86 187 8213 9418
Zhao Dong (Frank Zhao) telephone: +86 187 8246 7799
Wang Guochun (Flexi Wu) telephone: +86 189 8915 1860
Chengdu Handles Trade Co., Ltd
Telephone number: +86 28 8629 5110
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: