Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- WAPA: EU expects biggest apple harvest in 10 years
- Indiana Troopers find 1 million dollars worth of marijuana stashed with lettuce
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
New software helps food suppliers make more informed decisions
Food industry software Company, Muddy Boots Software, has introduced its Greenlight Quality Control users to Insights, a new embedded analytics platform, powered by Tableau. Insights is a data discovery and analytics tool which highlights trends and issues, allowing users to make informed decisions about their supply chains and products.
Business intelligence and data analysis has shifted from simply ensuring a business is compliant, to delivering insight and optimisation to improve business processes and efficiency. As businesses become increasingly data driven, Insights provides valuable data analysis ensuring food supply chains are safer, effective and more sustainable.
Insights provides its users with flexible data analytics, examining data sets whilst considering customer specific demands and changing markets. Data over multiple years can be reviewed, spotting trends and highlighting seasonal issues, allowing for more responsive action when a problem arises, or proactive actions on likely upcoming seasonal issues.
Mark Powell, Business Intelligence and Analytics Manager at Muddy Boots comments how Insights “is capable of analysing any customers data set, and takes data visualisation to another level; allowing our customers to drill deep into their data in order to drive business decisions”.
“Our customers have benefited from the speed at which they can now access and analyse their data; its ease of use; and the granular detail of being able to visualise problems relating to seasonality, location, poor performing suppliers, and so on.”
Insights data analysis allows important data-driven business decisions to be made in an industry that is constantly changing and adapting to customer demands. Without systems like this in place, the process of supply chain management can be lengthy, unwieldy and resource-hungry.
Insights can be tailored to create customised reports to share with stakeholders, setting parameters and creating automatic alerts if anything falls outside of those guides. The ability for users to upgrade their Insights package unlocks more value within their data and with great data comes great power.
For more information:
Tel: +44 (0) 1989 780 540
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: