Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Wilmington port is positioning as Cold-Chain HubThe port of Wilmington is well suited to serve North Carolina’s robust agriculture export industry, but until recently it lacked nearby cold storage infrastructure. Until just a few months ago.
Now Wilmington has a new, 101,000 square foot refrigerated warehouse, opened within the port’s gates. Port of Wilmington Cold Storage has three-billion cubic feet, with a refrigerated loading and storage dock, a larger freezer section and a blast-freezer compartment. Furthermore it has the potential to triple its current capacity to over 300,000 square feet.
North Carolina is a state of specialty crops with sweet potatoes, peanuts, blueberries, tomatoes, watermelons, strawberries, apples, and cotton figuring among the produce the state’s farmers grow. The state is also known for the emphasis placed by the state’s farmers on exporting.
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: