- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Turkey: Onion prices could skyrocket to 2 USD per kg in January
- “Europe must bare its teeth, and if needs be, bite"
- Zambia street vending ban problematic for farmers
- US: Florida orange production down 3 per cent from October forecast
- AU: Montague on track for one of best stone fruit seasons with growing Chinese market
Low temperatures but citrus growers not yet worried
Early predictions point to a cold few nights this week, meteorologist Scott Borgioli told the Visalia Times. The forecast calls for the mercury to drop as low as 25 degrees in some areas. According to growers below 25 degrees they start to worry. Citrus is a near-billion dollar industry in Tulare County, accounting for $838,000 in 2016.
That year, citrus covered 132,000 acres, 124,000 of which produced fruit. Navels, tangerines and Valencias make up more than half of the citrus planted in Tulare County.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-20 Spain: Valencian citrus growers, on alert due to flooding
- 2018-11-20 Peru: Citrus exports to China increased by 51%
- 2018-11-20 State of Tripura focuses on marketing oranges
- 2018-11-20 Citrus brand invests in brand awareness ahead of California season
- 2018-11-20 India: Oranges and opium threaten Rajasthan Chief Minister
- 2018-11-20 Turkish lemon market stable, Spain’s issues create opportunities
- 2018-11-19 "Mediocre quality of Mexican limes as a result of rain"
- 2018-11-19 “Spanish citrus getting more competition from Morocco”
- 2018-11-19 Italy: difficult start for the clementine campaign
- 2018-11-19 "Huge price gap between large and small-sized citrus fruits"
- 2018-11-19 "Availability of large citrus fruits currently low"
- 2018-11-19 Chongming Island: First harvest of high-quality Jinsha oranges
- 2018-11-19 California Citrus Network: Forum to facilitate communication and information exchange"
- 2018-11-19 Record Valencia crop gives southern African citrus exporters a full house of records
- 2018-11-16 Wilmington port welcomes first Moroccan citrus in US of the season
- 2018-11-16 China: Hainan "Qiongzhong green oranges" are ripe and entering the market
- 2018-11-16 Nepal: Orange harvest in eastern Hills up 50 percent
- 2018-11-15 "We are not one of those early starters"
- 2018-11-15 Orange imports increase as domestic juice supply remains squeezed
- 2018-11-15 “New citrus markets hard to find”