Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Lack of soil moisture hits rabi production in India's Odisha district
The New India Express reports that the production of rabi crops is likely to be affected in the Odisha district as insufficient monsoon rainfall has failed to leave enough moisture in the soil. The district received 883.96 mm rainfall against the normal 1199.8 mm; some 26.32 percent less.
The Agriculture department is considering growing different crops there, including cereal, pulses, oil seeds and sugarcane over 1,22,720 hectares (ha) of land with a production target of 8,42,011 tonnes in the district during the rabi season of 2017-2018. The production was 8,67,067 tonnes during the last rabi season.
Condiments including chili, garlic and coriander will be cultivated over 4,800 ha with a production target of 36,142 tonnes. The cultivation of potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions and other vegetables will take place on 29,490 ha with a production target of 4,05,695 tonnes this season.
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: