Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
STK hosts GLOBALG.A.P. TOUR in Jerusalem
“In order for agriculture to become increasingly sustainable, bio-pesticides must continue to expand their role as an integral part of crop protection”, says Guy Elitzur, CEO of STK (Stockton). This is why STK, which develops and markets cutting-edge botanical-based solutions, hosted the 2017 GLOBALG.A.P TOUR in Jerusalem on 13 November.
STK GlobalG.A.P. Flavio Alzueta Bosarch, VP & Chief Mktg Officer Global G.A.P. with Rafi Gamson, Global G.A.P. Scheme Mgr.
The annual TOUR is part of a campaign to engage leading stakeholders in the agricultural sector worldwide. GLOBALG.A.P. is a global organization that sets voluntary standards of Good Agricultural Practices for the certification of agricultural products worldwide.
The Israeli leg of the tour was held at the Orient Hotel in Jerusalem. It saw all STK’s global representatives gather under one roof with GLOBALG.A.P stakeholders in Israel and governmental officials representing the agricultural, and food industry sectors.
STK GlobalG.A.P. Tour. Flavio Alzueta Bosarich, VP & Chief Mktg Officer GlobalG.A.P. with Dani Nefeld, STK Sustainabilty Officer
“It was a real pleasure to host GlobalGAP tour in Israel and to discuss the integration of biological solutions into the conventional standard as an important part of the transition into sustainable agriculture”, says Elitzur. “GLOBALG.A.P. represents the new standard for sustainable agriculture, and we do think that STK’s biological solutions is part of this new standard.”
“I think STK has a lot to offer in this area,” says Guy. “By hosting this tour, we introduced GLOBALG.A.P’s activities to our employees. We also showed the what we are doing to other stakeholders in the agricultural sector. It was a fantastic synergy. We hope that this relationship will go from strength to strength in the future.”
Kristian Moeller, CEO GLOBALG.A.P. said before the tour was held, “Having STK hosting the TOUR Stop in Jerusalem means we can rely on a very strong, internationally recognized partner. This way we can reach out to producers in Israel, pairing sustainability with technological innovation. We thank STK for the support by giving GLOBALG.A.P. a voice in Israel.”
For more information:
Tel: +972 72 257 0000
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: