Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Dia and Casino sign international agreementThe groups Casino and DIA have reached an international agreement to create a common negotiation structure with the aim of improving their competitiveness against large suppliers.
The agreement, which covers both manufacturers' brands and the retailers' own brands (it could account for up to 50% of the volume of both companies in Europe), will help improve the range offered to the consumer in terms of variety and price, as reported by both firms.
The alliance will be operational, pending the approval of the competition authorities where necessary, for the 2016 negotiations through the creation of the ICDC Services company.
"With this move, we are creating one of the largest trading platforms for own brands in Europe, and this will have a positive impact on the customers of a large commercial network operating in many countries," as highlighted by the two retailers.
Also, ICDC comes to complement the other association agreements in the area of purchases that both companies will maintain without changes.
However, DIA and Casino have stressed that the commercial policies of both companies will remain independent from one another.
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: