Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
CMA CGM announces merger of its MacAndrews and OPDR subsidiaries
The CMA CGM Group has announced the merger of its subsidiaries MacAndrews and OPDR whose headquarters will now be located in Hamburg, effective January 1st, 2018.
The union between these two companies specialised in intra-European transport enables the CMA CGM Group to strengthen its multimodal offer in Europe, particularly thanks to the zones covered today by MacAndrews and OPDR.
Following the merger, MacAndrews will have a presence in 16 countries with 36 agencies, 595 employees (310 OPDR / 285 MacAndrews) and will offer 18 services.
Acquired by CMA CGM in 2002, MacAndrews is one of the oldest shipping companies in Europe. It offers rail, land and maritime transport services to customers and works in container transport on short-sea routes as well as multimodal solutions in Europe.
MacAndrews connects Great Britain, the Iberian Peninsula and Poland. OPDR, acquired by the CMA CGM Group in 2015, works in intra-European short-sea transport and logistics. OPDR mainly covers Central Europe, Spain (including the Canary Islands), Portugal and Morocco. Employment in each entity, as well as existing services, will be maintained.
For more information visit www.cma-cgm.com
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: