Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Algeria speeds up procedures to export dates to Vietnam
Algeria, the world's fourth biggest producer of dates, is accelerating the necessary procedures to export that fruit to Vietnam, according to the Algerian Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
The information was revealed in the third International Date Exhibition of Biskra 2017, which was inaugurated on Saturday in the city of Biskra, about 500 kilometers south of Algiers.
The Ministry stated that some firms in their country had established contacts with Vietnamese partners and have conducted negotiations so that this product can penetrate the Indochinese nation.
The event brings together almost 160 domestic and foreign companies, along with representatives of diplomatic missions from various countries, including the Embassy of Vietnam in Algeria.
It showcases several varieties of dates, including the Deglet Noor variety, which is one of the most appreciated varieties in Algeria and Central Europe, as well as different products made from this fruit.
According to official data, Algeria produces around one million tons of dates per year, i.e. 14 percent of the world's total volume. However, the country only exports 30 thousand tons of them per year.
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: