Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam agricultural exports hit $15.6B in first nine months of 2017
For several years Vietnam has been working towards achieving higher levels of food security. The country has adopted various measures to boost agricultural product exports, trying to fill the gaps in the global food market, Vietnamplus reports.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development reported that in the first nine months of 2017 export earnings from farm produce were estimated at 15.62 billion USD. This is a year-on-year increase of 15.2 percent.
In striving for agricultural growth in the long run, it is commonly understood that technology is the key. According to Vietnamplus, in 2012 the government has approved a plan for developing high-tech farming by 2020. As of March 2017, Vietnam has 15 hi-tech agricultural projects nationwide.
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: