Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Big increase of Greek kiwifruit exports to ItalyThe export of table grapes continued with smaller volumes, mainly from the region of Kavala. Kiwifruit exports are also still underway with higher prices than in the previous years. To date, kiwi exports to Italy amount to 25,793 tonnes, compared to 8,221 last year.
Exports of oranges, mandarins and lemons also continue with good rates and increased demand and prices, and this is also the case for apples and cucumbers. The volume of apples exported to Egypt appears to have decreased compared to last year and amounted to 10,030 tonnes (compared with 17,268 last year).
According to data from the Directorate of Documentation and Statistics of the Ministry of Rural Development and Food, exports of fresh fruit and vegetables for the week between 25 November and 1 December 2017 are as follows:
-Oranges: 34,109 tonnes, compared to 45,552 tonnes last year.
-Mandarins: 25,613 tonnes, compared to 22,328 tonnes last year.
-Lemons: 2,032 tonnes, compared to 1,010 tonnes last year.
-Grapefruit: 116 tonnes, compared to 112 tonnes last year.
-Apples: 21,098 tonnes, compared to 30,064 tonnes last year.
-Cucumbers: 5,210 tonnes, compared to 4,918 tonnes last year.
-Kiwi: 61,235 tonnes, compared to 42,100 tonnes last year.
-Table grapes: 93.196 tonnes, compared to 72.935 tonnes last year.
Publication date: 12/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: