Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Bulgarian agricultural trade with 16+1 countries worth 2 billion dollars$2 billion a year is the trade turnover generated by Bulgarian agricultural products with the countries of the "16+1" initiative. According to data from the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry, the share of trade in agricultural products with these countries represents about 26-27% of the country's total agricultural trade.
In China's case, Bulgaria exports fresh fruits, wines, animal feeds, oilseeds, processed fruits and vegetables, meats, and more.
The "16+1" initiative was launched by Central and Eastern European countries plus China in order to promote closer economic contacts. It is helping boost trade in agricultural commodities, while also facilitating the launch of projects promoting technological exchange and scientific cooperation.
Since 2009, the agro-food industry has recorded a positive external trade balance, which is increasing each year. In 2016, Bulgaria exported food and agricultural products worth 1.2 billion more than the value of imports. Over 75% of exports are intended for countries in the European Union.
Publication date: 12/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: