Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bulgarian agricultural trade with 16+1 countries worth 2 billion dollars$2 billion a year is the trade turnover generated by Bulgarian agricultural products with the countries of the "16+1" initiative. According to data from the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry, the share of trade in agricultural products with these countries represents about 26-27% of the country's total agricultural trade.
In China's case, Bulgaria exports fresh fruits, wines, animal feeds, oilseeds, processed fruits and vegetables, meats, and more.
The "16+1" initiative was launched by Central and Eastern European countries plus China in order to promote closer economic contacts. It is helping boost trade in agricultural commodities, while also facilitating the launch of projects promoting technological exchange and scientific cooperation.
Since 2009, the agro-food industry has recorded a positive external trade balance, which is increasing each year. In 2016, Bulgaria exported food and agricultural products worth 1.2 billion more than the value of imports. Over 75% of exports are intended for countries in the European Union.
Publication date: 12/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: