Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Murcian papaya plantations visited by Latin American delegationAccording to municipal sources, a Latin American delegation led by the Minister of Agriculture of Panama, Eduardo Enrique Carles, visited the town of Mazarrón last Wednesday to learn about the innovations introduced by the Durán company to produce papaya crops.
The mayor of Mazarrón, Alicia Jiménez, accompanied the members of this delegation during their visit to the greenhouse plantations of the Mazarrón-based company.
Jiménez praised the innovative capacity that has turned both papayas and mangoes into pioneering products in this area.
The visiting delegation is part of a business mission organised by the Development Bank of Latin America, which aims to promote the collaboration of Ibero-American countries.
The Panamanian minister was very interested in the innovation techniques that have been implemented in Mazarrón in order to produce a very common product in his country in a Mediterranean climate. Representatives of the Durán company outlined the steps taken in the process.
Publication date: 12/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: