Job offersmore »
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
- Sales Estimator - Vineland Station, Ontario Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Murcian papaya plantations visited by Latin American delegationAccording to municipal sources, a Latin American delegation led by the Minister of Agriculture of Panama, Eduardo Enrique Carles, visited the town of Mazarrón last Wednesday to learn about the innovations introduced by the Durán company to produce papaya crops.
The mayor of Mazarrón, Alicia Jiménez, accompanied the members of this delegation during their visit to the greenhouse plantations of the Mazarrón-based company.
Jiménez praised the innovative capacity that has turned both papayas and mangoes into pioneering products in this area.
The visiting delegation is part of a business mission organised by the Development Bank of Latin America, which aims to promote the collaboration of Ibero-American countries.
The Panamanian minister was very interested in the innovation techniques that have been implemented in Mazarrón in order to produce a very common product in his country in a Mediterranean climate. Representatives of the Durán company outlined the steps taken in the process.
Publication date: 12/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: