Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Oversupply of blackcurrants troubles NZ growersAccording to an article by the Otago Daily Times, the global economic downturn certainly has had an impact on the New Zealand blackcurrant market.
Poland is currently the biggest blackcurrant grower in the world; New Zealand production is relatively small in comparison. Poland produces between 80,000 and 140,000 tonnes per season, whereas the New Zealand market can only produce around 7000 tonnes.
In New Zealand, the majority of blackcurrants are exported and it is these exports that are affected by the fact that the international marketplace has got a lot more competitive. Some NZ growers have decided to stop growing blackcurrants altogether.
Publication date: 12/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: