Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Oversupply of blackcurrants troubles NZ growersAccording to an article by the Otago Daily Times, the global economic downturn certainly has had an impact on the New Zealand blackcurrant market.
Poland is currently the biggest blackcurrant grower in the world; New Zealand production is relatively small in comparison. Poland produces between 80,000 and 140,000 tonnes per season, whereas the New Zealand market can only produce around 7000 tonnes.
In New Zealand, the majority of blackcurrants are exported and it is these exports that are affected by the fact that the international marketplace has got a lot more competitive. Some NZ growers have decided to stop growing blackcurrants altogether.
Publication date: 12/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: