Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australian Banana Growers' Council welcomes new Deputy Chair and re-elects board
The peak industry body representing Australia’s commercial banana growers has welcomed a new Deputy Chair and re-elected its board of directors.
ABGC board of directors (pictured from left) - Jade Buchanan (Innisfail), Treasurer Stephen Spear (Taylors Arm), Chair Stephen Lowe (Tully), Ben Franklin (Tully), Paul Inderbitzn (Lakeland) and Deputy Chair Leon Collins (Tully). Not present, Tom Day (Carnarvon)
During its quarterly board meeting held at South Johnstone, the Australian Banana Growers’ Council (ABGC) elected Tully banana grower and ABGC director Leon Collins to the position of Deputy Chair. He is now on the Executive Committee, along with ABGC Chair Stephen Lowe (Tully) and Treasurer Stephen Spear (Taylors Arm, New South Wales) who were re-elected to their respective positions.
Mr Collins took on the new role after sitting Deputy and North Queensland director Ben Franklin stood down from the position. Mr Franklin will remain on the board as a director.
Other directors re-elected to the seven-member executive included, Lakeland banana grower Paul Inderbitzin, Innisfail grower Jade Buchanan and Tom Day from Carnarvon.
Chair Stephen Lowe welcomed Mr Collins to his new role on the Executive Committee and thanked Mr Franklin for his contributions as Deputy Chair.
“Ben played a significant role in his 12-months as Deputy and I thank him sincerely for his excellent contributions to the Executive. He chaired the Management Committee which ran this year’s national Banana Industry Congress and I am grateful that although he is stepping down from the deputy role, he will remain on the board as a director,” he said.
“I would also like to thank Leon for stepping up to the deputy position. Leon also is an active and valued director on the ABGC executive and he will add much value to the future decision making and work of the ABGC in his new role.”
For further information:
Australian Banana Growers' Council
Tel: +61 07 3278 4786
Mob: +61 0428 038 330
Publication date: 12/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: