Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Table grape harvest in Nashik region will start beginning of JanuaryThe harvest of our table grapes from the Nashik region will start in the first weeks of January. We expect that shipments will arrive in Europe from February onwards. The season will run till the mid-May. The varieties we work with are mainly the Thompson seedless and Black seedless, which we offer in a 10-12 week program”, explains Pravin Sandhan from Monsoon Foods, India.
Pravin says that along with conventional grapes they also offer Fairtrade grapes. "This market is small, but Fair trade helps our small growers have an assured market and an assured price. It also helps them socially and to develop sustainable farming practices."
The recent rainfall in India has had its effect on the flowering of the plants according to Pravin. “Last year we had a bumper crop and Indian grapes suffered from very low prices due to too much supply in the market. Due to a bumper crop last year, we have less or enough fruit. This will ensure we will not face an oversupply situation again in the coming season. India only exports 10% of its production, so there will always be enough fruit from India.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: