Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Handling one million kilos of bell pepper every week
Bell pepper growers Harvest House combines packing activities at Rainbow Kleinpak
The bell pepper packing activities of packing stations GreenPack and Rainbow Kleinpak will be combined as Rainbow Kleinpak in De Lier, the Netherlands, as of 1 January 2018. The majority of the bell pepper growers from Coöperatie Harvest House, with a combined area of 333 hectares, have signed a partnership agreement, so that the project Centraal Verpakken Paprika (Central packing bell pepper) can start.
In coming months, packing station Rainbow Kleinpak will be made ready to process one million kilos of bell pepper every week as of production season 2018.
Scaling-up and supply chain
Scaling-up and increasing are continuing apace for international customers of vegetables. It’s therefore necessary to be large enough as a supplier in order to continue to be a good partner. That’s why switching to central packing is a logical step. Besides, there’s more and more demand for safely produced food globally.
Orders automatically enter their systems via EDI, and with SSCC labels, there’s complete track and trace, all the way up to the customer. It should be obvious that managing these kinds of processes from production companies to the retailer’s DC anywhere in the world requires a different level of organisation and people than in previous years. As a company of a larger size, it’s easier to invest in this.
For more information:
NL-2678 PT De Lier
T. +31 (0)174 52 41 81
Publication date: 12/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: