Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Big raffle for film with Elyias M'Barek
Positive numbers for Club Apple EvelinaAn exciting and exhausting year lies behind the entire fruit industry. Despite heavy frosts and the extremely variable weather conditions, the German Evelina apple can look back on a great season. With 6,700 tons of harvested apples, there was even a slight growth in Club Apples compared to last year. Reason enough to be confident for 2017 and 2018.
Evelina goes Hollywood: Elyas M'Barek's new movie "This Stupid Heart"
The Evelina offers consumer exciting point of sale actions again and again. Starting now until January 2018, superstar Elyas M'Barek will decorate the apple 6-packs. With his co-star Philip Schwarz, he appears in the romantic movie “This Stupid Heart", playing in German cinemas from December 21 2017. This movie is all about the responsibility of brothers to one another and the enjoyment of life.
Evelina will be giving away tickets to an exclusive private cinema screening for the winner and 99 of his friends. You can take part in this raffle via the action label on the 6-pack or through www.evelina-deutschland.de. "We are happy to be part of the exciting world of film with our Evelina apple. Elyas M'Barek is one of the most famous faces in the film industry - and his new film stands for surprises and uniqueness like no other - just like our refreshing Evelina apple," said Evelina Deutschland GmbH, licensee of the brand in Germany and responsible for cultivation, marketing, quality and marketing.
An apple goes to school - Evelina brings freshness to the classroom
As in previous years, the German club apple continues to dedicate itself to the stars of tomorrow. Young talent is essential for the those behind the Evelina apple. This season, therefore, the apple is taken directly into the schools, directly to the kids. There, questions will be discussed such as "Are apples really cool?" and "Is an apple actually really as healthy as my parents always say?" In a playful way, the entire production cycle of an apple will be presented. Finally, they will be allowed to pick and pack their own apples.
"We would like to bring the topic of apple cultivation back to life. Behind every simple apple is there a big, exciting world that has to be rediscovered. We want to show what it means to be out on the plantation. To be with the apple trees every day, no matter what the weather, so that we end up with a delicious apple in our bread box,"
Evelina apples will tour all around Germany with its one or two-hour learning project and will respond whenever a school invites them.
For more information:
Evelina Deutschland GmbH
Publication date: 12/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: