Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- WAPA: EU expects biggest apple harvest in 10 years
- Indiana Troopers find 1 million dollars worth of marijuana stashed with lettuce
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Ginger export price will be lower than in previous years"
"The new ginger export season has already started in the North East. The export from Pingdu, Shandong, and Anqui will start in the middle of December. This year's ginger production has increased somewhat from last year. It is estimated that the export price will not be as high as in previous years. Even though it will slowly increase at the beginning when customers start to buy, the extent of the rise will be determined by the number of orders and other factors on the market," explains Mr. David Lee, CEO of Jining Rich Farmer International Trade Co., Ltd.
"The ginger market is now polarized. On the one hand, the prices for older ginger have dropped. This is mainly because this ginger has already been in storage for almost a year, and its quality has deteriorated. The older ginger also starts to rot more easily during long distance transportation. The harvest of new ginger, on the other hand, ended half a month ago, so customers are very eager to buy. This is driving up the price."
"We mainly export our ginger to countries in America, Europe and the Middle East. In the past few years, some foreign customers have placed their orders in other countries instead, such as Vietnam. However, because of our high quality ginger and our price advantages, the export of Chinese ginger has remained relatively stable."
David Lee - CEO
Jining Rich Farmer International Trade Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 158 5378 2091
Publication date: 12/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: