Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Pomelo prices fall
Pomelo trees in the South of China and other places have entered their harvest season and the prices have gradually decreased, causing sales to go through the roof.
The reasons behind this boost to the pomelo's popularity and the fall in prices are:-
1. The market supply is improving, logistics have become more efficient and Southern pomelos have entered the Northern market. Because of it's thick rind, the pomelo is easy to transport.
2. The October climate is good for fruit transportation. The weather is mostly sunny, so the transportation costs decline and the price of pomelos goes down.
3. Pomelo production has increased significantly. Pomelo cultivation is a good business, since it can be sold throughout the country. Many farmers have increased their pomelo gardens. This year's harvests were bountiful and the amount of pomelos on the market is huge.
4. Some of the pomelos have quality issues; poor rainfall in June and July affected the quality and some of the pomelos are not juicy.
At present, the price of pomelos has dropped to the average price of the previous years, but due to the larger output, there is still room for further price declines.
Publication date: 12/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: