Job offersmore »
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
African farmers using chillies to keep elephants out of their farmsAfrican farmers are using an unconventional but effective way to keep Elephants from ruining their crops - chillies. Growers are using bricks made of dry chilli resin to act as a repellent, allafrica.com tells.
"This is an excellent non-lethal and low-cost opportunity for local farmers to keep elephants away from their crops," Rocío Pozo, a researcher at the University of Oxford, said in a statement.
Growers hope the method will teach elephants where they can and cannot go, as the chilli resin irritates the elephant's trunk.
Publication date: 12/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: