Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
African farmers using chillies to keep elephants out of their farmsAfrican farmers are using an unconventional but effective way to keep Elephants from ruining their crops - chillies. Growers are using bricks made of dry chilli resin to act as a repellent, allafrica.com tells.
"This is an excellent non-lethal and low-cost opportunity for local farmers to keep elephants away from their crops," Rocío Pozo, a researcher at the University of Oxford, said in a statement.
Growers hope the method will teach elephants where they can and cannot go, as the chilli resin irritates the elephant's trunk.
Publication date: 12/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: