Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Costco: 13% sales increase in November
Spar Hungary announces new Food Preparation plantUS: Rebranding for Price Rite
The rebranding of its Price Rite discount banner has been launched by Wakefern Food Corp. Jim Dorey has been named to become president of the chain. The remodeled store includes a brighter, revitalized ambience with new signage, a modern, whitewashed wood backdrop and additional offerings, such as the Sweet Spot dessert case. Wakefern plans to roll out the look to all 65 of its Price Rite locations during the next year.
Please click here to read the rest of the article at supermarketnews.com
New Food Preparation plant announced by Spar Hungary
The construction of a new food preparation plant in the town of Üllő, in central Hungary has been announced by Spar Hungary. The company will invest over HUF 1.2bln (€3.8mln), which includes HUF 250mln (€800,000) for technology and equipment. It aims to supply products made at the plant to all Spar, Interspar, and Spar partner license stores in the country.
Please click here to read more at esmmagazine.com
US: 13% sales increase in November for Costco
Net sales of $11.26bln for November have been reported by US retailer Costco Wholesale Corporation. Compared to the same month in 2016, it’s a 13.2% sales increase. Costco reported for the twelve-week first quarter of the company’s fiscal year 2018 net sales of $31.13bln, a 13.3% increase from $27.47bln reported in the same period for 2017.
Please click here to read the rest of the article at esmmagazine.com
US: Already a thriving online grocery business for Walmart in China
A big online grocery delivery business has already been developed in China by Walmart. Within an hour fresh produce can be transported from its shelves to homes. According to Bloomberg, this is made possible thanks to a network of chilled mini-warehouses. Walmart uses artificial intelligence to tailor inventories, and has employed crowd-sourced deliverymen to rush the deliveries to the customers.
US: Q3 sales and earnings exceeded expectations for Kroger
The third-quarter sales and earnings exceeded expectations for Kroger Co. It’s a promising start for the newly launched Restock initiative. The total sales increased 4.5% to $27.7bln on November 4 for the quarter ended, according to winsightgrocerybusiness.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: