Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Israel: 25% increase in the demand for Habanero peppers
The cultural exchange between Central European countries and Eastern Europe has led to an increase in the demand for Habanero peppers produced in Israel. "In the last two years, we have seen up to 25% increases in the demand, depending on the market, and higher sales than in previous years," explains Yair Ohana, of Arava Export Growers. Moreover, "we are seeing a higher number of orders for Habaneros of other colours, instead of the traditional red ones."
The Habanero pepper season in Israel runs from the last week of October to the first week of May. It is a product that, when stored correctly, has a shelf life of between 6 and 7 weeks. However, "we export 100% of our production (80 tonnes) during the campaign, without storing anything for later."
At the moment, there are other countries in the world producing this pepper variety. "Morocco and Egypt also have their own production and, because of their proximity, they could compete against us." As for other countries, such as Mexico, the competition is not direct, as they focus on different markets.
For more information:
Yair Ohana (Sales Manager)
Arava Export Growers
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: