Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: "Rising interest in plum cherry tomatoes"
The demand for plum cherry tomatoes has increased in European markets in recent years. "We are starting to work with this product and this week we have shipped some 20,000 kilos. We allocate 90% of our growers' production to export markets such as Germany, Poland, the UK, Denmark or the Czech Republic," explains Imane Ouali, of Agrupaejido.
The Almeria-based company offers cherry tomato varieties such as the Santawest, Dolcetini and Angelle. "Thanks to the different varieties and their different harvest times, we have a large supply from November to August. The rest of the year, the volume is smaller, but we still have some production."
The campaign kicked off with low prices, ranging between 1.10 and 1.20 Euro, due to the low demand and the large supply in other markets. However, "from November they started to rise, reaching 1.50 Euro per kilo," says Ouali. "So far, the highest and lowest prices have been closer to each other than last year, with a difference of up to 1 Euro in some markets and periods."
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: