Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Centum cancels plan to buy $25B of land in Uganda to expand its agribusinessThe Indian company Centum Investments has cancelled its plans to acquire land in Uganda as part of a $25 billion expansion of its agribusiness, reports Business Daily Africa. The company told that it was unable to acquire the 14,000 acres of land in Masindi.
“We had legal challenges. Or rather the land had legal challenges arising from the vendor’s previous dealings. And we opted not to progress and be caught up in those issues,” said Centum Investments chief executive James Mworia.
“It is a question of the risks you’re prepared to take. We want to take agricultural risk; we don’t want to take a legal risk.”
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: