Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Strawberry producers need 16,000 Moroccan labourersA contingent of just over 16,000 Moroccan labourers with contracts signed in the country of origin will arrive to Huelva for the upcoming strawberry and red fruit harvesting campaign. The group will be employed mainly for the months of March to June next year in order to avoid the lack of manpower in that period.
To get in touch with the repeat workers (5,000) and start the pre-selection of the first-timers for their temporary employment in Huelva, it is necessary to communicate the proposal to the Labour Council of the Embassy of Spain in Rabat and the Consulate of Tangier, so that it can be transferred to the National Employment Promotion Agency of Morocco. It appears that this has already been done, as some agricultural organizations have already travelled to Morocco.
At the end of October, the agricultural associations told the Andalusian Employment Service (SAE) that they needed 70,000 workers to harvest the red fruits; however, the institution announced that it would offer 11,900 jobs to cover the labour needs in the harvesting stage of the strawberry campaign.
Another part of the workforce are labourers from Eastern countries such as Romania and Bulgaria, who are settled in Spain that do not require recruitment at source. In any case, depending on the quota of the SAE, it may be necessary to hire 58,000 seasonal workers to reach 70,000.
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: