Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Strawberry producers need 16,000 Moroccan labourersA contingent of just over 16,000 Moroccan labourers with contracts signed in the country of origin will arrive to Huelva for the upcoming strawberry and red fruit harvesting campaign. The group will be employed mainly for the months of March to June next year in order to avoid the lack of manpower in that period.
To get in touch with the repeat workers (5,000) and start the pre-selection of the first-timers for their temporary employment in Huelva, it is necessary to communicate the proposal to the Labour Council of the Embassy of Spain in Rabat and the Consulate of Tangier, so that it can be transferred to the National Employment Promotion Agency of Morocco. It appears that this has already been done, as some agricultural organizations have already travelled to Morocco.
At the end of October, the agricultural associations told the Andalusian Employment Service (SAE) that they needed 70,000 workers to harvest the red fruits; however, the institution announced that it would offer 11,900 jobs to cover the labour needs in the harvesting stage of the strawberry campaign.
Another part of the workforce are labourers from Eastern countries such as Romania and Bulgaria, who are settled in Spain that do not require recruitment at source. In any case, depending on the quota of the SAE, it may be necessary to hire 58,000 seasonal workers to reach 70,000.
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: