Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey: 42% increase in fruit and veg volume exported by airIn the first 10 months of 2017, Turkey exported fruits and vegetables worth 1.3 billion dollars.
During this period, Turkey exported 5,000 tonnes of fruits and vegetables by air worth $ 9.6 million. This is 42% more than last year. These figures were achieved thanks to an agreement signed between the Association of Exporters of the Aegean region and Turkish Airlines Cargo.
"To increase exports by air, an agreement was signed with Turkish Airlines Cargo. As a result, exporters received discounts of up to 75 percent and the ability to enter new markets," said Rza Sayyar, head of the Association of Exporters of the Aegean region.
Hong Kong, France and Singapore top the ranking of countries receiving the largest volumes of fruit and vegetables from Turkey by air.
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: