Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ukraine: 15% rise in banana pricesBanana prices are on the rise in the Ukrainian market. According to the daily monitoring of "APK-Inform: Vegetables and Fruits", last week these fruits became between 14 and 15% more expensive.
At the moment, wholesale prices stand at 23-25 UAH/kg (0.72-0.79 Euro/kg), depending on the terms of the transaction. For comparison, two weeks ago, the price did not exceed 22 UAH/kg (0.69 Euro/kg).
In any case, traders assure that the upward price trend has not yet affected demand, and the sales of bananas remain relatively stable.
It is also worth noting that bananas in Ukraine are an average of 15% more expensive than at the end of November 2016.
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: