Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Manfred van der Vlag, Sweet Fruits:
"Market absorbing Brazilian mangoes despite large supply"
At the moment considerable volumes of Brazilian mangos are arriving on the European market. "The season is at its peak at the moment. But despite the large volumes the market is absorbing the mangos well. This goes for all of Europe, including Russia, Germany and the United Kingdom," says Manfred van der Vlag of Sweet Fruits S.A, part of the Brazilian Secchi Agricola group with locations in Portugal and the Netherlands.
"The price level is at a slightly lower level than last year and the quality is reasonable to good. I don't see the market getting worse anytime soon. The season will end on time, I expect to be done with the large volumes from Brazil around mid December," says Manfred. "The Peruvian supply is delayed, but we've never thought that highly of the first mangoes from Peru. They don't get interesting until mid January."
Sweetfruits is constantly working to promote its concept with the tree ripened Palmer variety. "We see that the Kent is still the most popular mango in the north, but we see the Palmer gaining popularity in the chains we work with. It takes time, but we expect the combination of tree ripened and well priced to make the difference in the end!"
For more information:
Sweet Fruits, S. A.
7811 MV Emmen |
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: