Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Sint-Lucie invests in a GSP 55EVO
"With the new line, we can pack 400 bushels in 13 minutes""We want to work faster and more efficiently in our packing division. This is why we recently invested in a new packaging line and we have been working with pre-printed films for several weeks now", says Frank Vansimpsen, manager at Sint-Lucie, a Belgian company that specialises in watercress.
They purchased an Italian machine from the GSP brand. "It is the 55EVO. This machine is distributed by the Belgian company, Presa Tendeur, with whom we have a good relationship since we got our previous machine. We had a GSP before, but with that machine we had to still put a label on the packaging. For that we needed an extra person and three people worked on the machine. Now we only need two."
The machine also saves time. "With the previous one, the production capacity was 400 bushels in 20 minutes with three people. Now we do the same amount in 13 minutes with two people."
Frank says the retailers, themselves, are to thank for the design. "Our largest customers are Delhaize and Colruyt. They gave us the design. We relied on the expertise of Marcus Gillioen of the firm, Flex Film International from Schoonhoven, for our personalised packaging. The people at Flex Film, with our input, designed a lovely new packaging. This is now available throughout the Benelux at customers such as Hanos, Vroegop, ISPC, Grosbusch, La Provençale, Cafruta and many more."
Frank does not expect to expand in the near future. "We are at maximum capacity now and we want to focus on giving our customers consistent quality throughout the year. For the future, we want to try and maintain this quality and keep our customers as happy as possible", he concludes.
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: