Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- WAPA: EU expects biggest apple harvest in 10 years
- Indiana Troopers find 1 million dollars worth of marijuana stashed with lettuce
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Sint-Lucie invests in a GSP 55EVO
"With the new line, we can pack 400 bushels in 13 minutes""We want to work faster and more efficiently in our packing division. This is why we recently invested in a new packaging line and we have been working with pre-printed films for several weeks now", says Frank Vansimpsen, manager at Sint-Lucie, a Belgian company that specialises in watercress.
They purchased an Italian machine from the GSP brand. "It is the 55EVO. This machine is distributed by the Belgian company, Presa Tendeur, with whom we have a good relationship since we got our previous machine. We had a GSP before, but with that machine we had to still put a label on the packaging. For that we needed an extra person and three people worked on the machine. Now we only need two."
The machine also saves time. "With the previous one, the production capacity was 400 bushels in 20 minutes with three people. Now we do the same amount in 13 minutes with two people."
Frank says the retailers, themselves, are to thank for the design. "Our largest customers are Delhaize and Colruyt. They gave us the design. We relied on the expertise of Marcus Gillioen of the firm, Flex Film International from Schoonhoven, for our personalised packaging. The people at Flex Film, with our input, designed a lovely new packaging. This is now available throughout the Benelux at customers such as Hanos, Vroegop, ISPC, Grosbusch, La Provençale, Cafruta and many more."
Frank does not expect to expand in the near future. "We are at maximum capacity now and we want to focus on giving our customers consistent quality throughout the year. For the future, we want to try and maintain this quality and keep our customers as happy as possible", he concludes.
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: