Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Rijk Zwaan opens subsidiary in VietnamOn 1st January 2018, Rijk Zwaan Vietnam will take over the sales activities from the current exclusive Vietnam Rijk Zwaan distributor. With the establishment of this new sales subsidiary, Dutch-based breeding company Rijk Zwaan expects to reach a stronger market position in the region.
Rijk Zwaan has been active in Vietnam for more than 8 years. Thanks to the efforts of its local distributor, Rijk Zwaan holds a strong position in several crops, such as red and yellow sweet pepper, gherkin, snack cucumber, indoor tomato, hydroponic lettuce and melon. Rijk Zwaan Vietnam tells that it plans to further build on these foundations and use the structure and systems of parent company Rijk Zwaan to realize the next phase of growth.
The establishment of Rijk Zwaan Vietnam offers extra opportunities to growers, Jean-Marie Rozec Country Manager tells: “Rijk Zwaan Vietnam will increase investments in product development for the country and we will be closely involved in variety trials around the world: this will have a positive impact on the assortment that we can offer to our Vietnamese customers and the speed with which we can introduce new varieties.”
Jean-Marie also told that thanks to the international network and experience of Rijk Zwaan, the new subsidiary can also help growers with a wider range of information, such as international trends in cultivation as well as marketing. “In this way we expect to bring Vietnam horticulture to higher levels”, Rozec states.
The head office of Rijk Zwaan Vietnam is located in Ho Chi Minh City. Rijk Zwaan will be working in the Lam Dong region, Red River Delta and a Mekong region to guide growers and to further develop the country’s vegetable supply chain.
For more information:
Tel: +84 28 7307 3993
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: