Job offersmore »
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia waits for green light to export 15 agricultural products to the US
The National Government is working hard to achieve the admissibility of at least 15 agricultural products to the United States market, stated the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Juan Guillermo Zuluaga.
Zuluaga was visited by the Undersecretary of Agriculture, Ted McKinney, who spoke about the process to allow Colombia to export paprika, melon, watermelon, mango, passionflower, lemon, cucumber, and tree tomatoes, among other products.
According to undersecretary McKinney, the processes are on the right track and they could be green lighted pretty soon. "We expect these types of imports will be approved soon," he said.
"The joint efforts made by both governments in the case of Hass avocado has been a real milestone for our country, which will be replicated when other products emerge in the most demanding markets. Thanks to the support and commitment to this work," he added.
After finishing the Hass avocado process with the United States, Colombia's priority is paprika.
One of the greatest challenges to facilitate the trade of agricultural products is to strengthen the collaboration between health authorities.
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: