Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia waits for green light to export 15 agricultural products to the US
The National Government is working hard to achieve the admissibility of at least 15 agricultural products to the United States market, stated the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Juan Guillermo Zuluaga.
Zuluaga was visited by the Undersecretary of Agriculture, Ted McKinney, who spoke about the process to allow Colombia to export paprika, melon, watermelon, mango, passionflower, lemon, cucumber, and tree tomatoes, among other products.
According to undersecretary McKinney, the processes are on the right track and they could be green lighted pretty soon. "We expect these types of imports will be approved soon," he said.
"The joint efforts made by both governments in the case of Hass avocado has been a real milestone for our country, which will be replicated when other products emerge in the most demanding markets. Thanks to the support and commitment to this work," he added.
After finishing the Hass avocado process with the United States, Colombia's priority is paprika.
One of the greatest challenges to facilitate the trade of agricultural products is to strengthen the collaboration between health authorities.
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: