Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Opal apple marketing campaign drives retail sales
Opal® apples are featured in an array of consumer media reaching over 43 million impressions since the season began just late last month. The Opal brand is backed by a comprehensive marketing strategy and calculated initiatives, making it the most supported apple in the market. This marketing and public relations strategy is a key element driving sales at retailers and helping Opal become one of the fastest growing apples.
Media highlights so far this season include noteworthy features on Today.com, Reader’s Digest, Delish, Taste of Home, FoodBeast, The Nibble, Extra Crispy, Hungry Forever, and more. Opal continues to be a hot topic on consumer websites featuring the latest news about food. Its reputation as one of the best-tasting apples on the market and a fan-favorite due to its non-browning feature helped position Opal among the Top 20 apple varieties in the country during the 2016-2017 season. One year later, the apple continues to gain momentum.
"We're delighted with all the media attention surrounding the Opal apple this season,” says Chuck Zeutenhorst, general manager of FirstFruits Marketing of Washington. "It’s great to see our marketing efforts for Opal coming together, and we will continue to find new and effective ways to increase awareness. We enjoy connecting with retailers and supporting stores on an individual basis and we’re off to a great start.”
FirstFruits Marketing invests heavily in the Opal brand to drive continued brand awareness among consumers. The 2017-2018 season marketing campaign includes in-store support for retailers, consumer events in target markets throughout the country, an extensive consumer public relations program, targeted digital advertising, engaging social media and a comprehensive social influencer program. The campaign emphasizes Opal’s points of differentiation including its natural resistance to oxidation, bright yellow exterior, distinctively crispy texture, and sweet yet tangy flavor.
FirstFruits represents Broetje Orchards, a leader in Washington organic apple production and an innovator in new varieties to the market, as well as Congdon Orchards. As the exclusive marketer of the Opal, FirstFruits offers the variety in both organic and conventional options beginning in late October and expects supplies to last through June 2018.
For more information:
East Coast Regional Marketer
West Coast Regional Marketer
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: