Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Cost of cardboard boxes continue to rise
The price of cardboard boxes from Xuzhou city in Jiangsu Province is continuing to rise. Big and small triple-layer cardboard boxes used by delivery companies cost 2.6 yuan and 0.3 yuan respectively, which is 40% more than at the same period last year. According to the research, some of the delivery companies refuse to send more than 2.5 kg of fruits if the customers haven't prepared their own box.
Since the second half of the last year, the price of paper in China has risen many times. Since last August, the prices of different types of paper products from Jiangsu have risen once again. Take packaging paper products as an example. In November, Jiangsu Nantong reported that the purchase price of some boxes made of corrugated paper was 5,662 yuan per ton, up 7.6% since September and up 118.7% over the same period of the last year.
Under the influence of multiple factors such as supply-side structural reforms, central environmental inspection and national ban on foreign waste entry, the prices of raw materials for paper products have been on the rise and the market supply has been reduced while, at the same time, the fast development of the e-commerce sector has created an increased demand for paper boxes. Those factors have resulted in a great rise in prices.
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: