Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Aldi Süd investigated by 'Marktcheck'Neon lights, stacked boxes and fewer items in the assortment: this is how many people know Aldi Süd. Cheap, but not very inviting. But that is now a thing of the past. The shops are becoming more attractive and more and more brand products are being introduced. Aldi Süd, the giant discounter in the southwest, is reinventing itself: refuelling at Aldi. This will become a reality at several selected locations -including Stuttgart- in December. Even with a car- sharing offer and an elegant bistro area, Aldi Süd wants to score among its consumers.
And why all this? So that the customers spend more money at the discounter. But is it worthwhile for the customers? Aldi Süd still advertises as offering good quality for little money. Is this promise still correct?
"Marktcheck" has put the discounter under a microscope. As SWR reported yesterday evening in its broadcast, Aldi occupies the first place in gross sales among discounters. Click here for the show.
With its new design and extensive range of services, the discounter wants to win over customers. The price/performance ratio is about average, but compared to the competition Aldi is not cheaper. The quality of the products is generally good, but in the fruit and vegetables’ assortment there is certainly room for improvement.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: