Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "High pressure sodium lamps can satisfy demands for diversification"
"The growth of agricultural products is closely connected to the presence of light. When there is not enough light on a field, for example because of geographical limitations, artificial light can be a solution. Our high pressure sodium lamps can satisfy the customers' demands for diversification," according to Mr. Dong Meng of Ushio Trade (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
A flower greenhouse, lit by high pressure sodium lamps
"Our high pressure sodium lamps are already very popular on the European and North American markets, and have received nothing but praise from abroad. Compared to LED lights, high pressure sodium lamps have some unique characteristics. Our lamps are most effective at 1000 or 750 watt, while LED lights work with 500 or 1000 watt. These are high voltages, which means that it is hard to solve the problem of overheating."
High pressure sodium lamps
High pressure sodium lamps
"We have already prepared for the sale of our high pressure sodium lamps on the Chinese market. We now only need the demands of our customers or our potential sales partners, and can then start supplying. To satisfy the different demands of different customers, while we have standardized our supply, we are also offering lighting solutions, based on the customer's crops and geographical environment of his fields, and give personal advice on lighting distance and time."
A greenhouse, lit by high pressure sodium lamps
"The headquarters of Ushio Trade (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. is located in Japan. We have branch offices in Shanghai and Shenzhen as well. After working hard for many years on all different areas, from the production of semiconductors to medical treatments, environment, and agriculture, all our different products with our unique lighting technology are now leaders in the industry, and have laid the foundation for new applications of light," states Mr. Dong Meng from Ushio Trade (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
High pressure fluorescent sodium lamps
"Technology is the foundation for developments in lighting. This is our advantage. We are working closely together with Japanese schools, industry experts, and Chinese agricultural professors. Together, we are promoting technological research and development."
The spectrum length and intensity of high pressure sodium lamps
"Furthermore, apart from the equipment, we are also providing valuable services: for example, we have horticultural experts at our company. They can give their professional advice on investments, inspections and production, so that our customers can successfully manage their production. Apart from high pressure sodium lamps, we are also bringing other agricultural products on the Chinese market, such as container production and LED lights."
Ushio Trade (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 136 3266 4012
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: