Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "High pressure sodium lamps can satisfy demands for diversification"
"The growth of agricultural products is closely connected to the presence of light. When there is not enough light on a field, for example because of geographical limitations, artificial light can be a solution. Our high pressure sodium lamps can satisfy the customers' demands for diversification," according to Mr. Dong Meng of Ushio Trade (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
A flower greenhouse, lit by high pressure sodium lamps
"Our high pressure sodium lamps are already very popular on the European and North American markets, and have received nothing but praise from abroad. Compared to LED lights, high pressure sodium lamps have some unique characteristics. Our lamps are most effective at 1000 or 750 watt, while LED lights work with 500 or 1000 watt. These are high voltages, which means that it is hard to solve the problem of overheating."
High pressure sodium lamps
High pressure sodium lamps
"We have already prepared for the sale of our high pressure sodium lamps on the Chinese market. We now only need the demands of our customers or our potential sales partners, and can then start supplying. To satisfy the different demands of different customers, while we have standardized our supply, we are also offering lighting solutions, based on the customer's crops and geographical environment of his fields, and give personal advice on lighting distance and time."
A greenhouse, lit by high pressure sodium lamps
"The headquarters of Ushio Trade (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. is located in Japan. We have branch offices in Shanghai and Shenzhen as well. After working hard for many years on all different areas, from the production of semiconductors to medical treatments, environment, and agriculture, all our different products with our unique lighting technology are now leaders in the industry, and have laid the foundation for new applications of light," states Mr. Dong Meng from Ushio Trade (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
High pressure fluorescent sodium lamps
"Technology is the foundation for developments in lighting. This is our advantage. We are working closely together with Japanese schools, industry experts, and Chinese agricultural professors. Together, we are promoting technological research and development."
The spectrum length and intensity of high pressure sodium lamps
"Furthermore, apart from the equipment, we are also providing valuable services: for example, we have horticultural experts at our company. They can give their professional advice on investments, inspections and production, so that our customers can successfully manage their production. Apart from high pressure sodium lamps, we are also bringing other agricultural products on the Chinese market, such as container production and LED lights."
Ushio Trade (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 136 3266 4012
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: