Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Italian blood oranges are being prepared for export to China
In early April this year, the quality inspection office issued the 28th announcement of 2017 in which they officially declared that Italy has obtained the quarantine and access qualifications to transport fruit to China.
In May, the quality inspection office published on their website a register of Italian orchards and exporters. Altogether three Italian exporters were selected. The production season of Italian oranges starts in early November and continues until March the following year. At present that season is approaching fast. Actually, since oranges obtained permission for transport to China, Italian companies have been stockpiling and preparing the first shipment of wholesale products.
One of the companies, the famous Italian fruit and vegetable company Apofruit, already prepared a strategy for the Sicilian blood orange to become the forerunner in their development of a Chinese market. November 22nd, Apofruit purposefully held a news conference for their Solemio brand during the 'China Green Week' at the national conference center (Shanghai). According to the export sales manager for Apofruit, mister Renzo Balestri, the Sicilian blood orange shows promise for export to China this season. It is reported that the products from Sicily are first among the oranges from the major production areas. Famous among these is the Tarocco blood orange that was originally produced in Sicily.
Source: Meishi hotline
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: