Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Photo report New York Produce show
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"The rise of diversified consumption requires a push for change in consumption patterns of fruit"
In recent years, fruit imports into China have received more and more attention from the public. The three main reasons for this are as follows: first, the income level of consumers continues to increase and they pay closer attention to healthy living; second, the fast development of the internet trade in fresh products also adds momentum to the import of fruit; third, the demand for diverse and high quality consumption also pushes for the transformation of fruit consumption patterns." This is according to Mr. Fan Zhiqiang of Wenxing Fruit Company.
Mr. Fan Zhiqiang at his company booth in Beijing's Xinfadi wholesale market
"We are a large scale agricultural product trading company at Beijing's Xinfadi market. We import fruit directly from Southeast Asia, but at the same time we also purchase high quality imported fruit from other wholesale markets."
The imported fruit is ready to be unloaded
"These fruits come from areas in countries such as the Philippines, Vietnam, Chile, New Zealand, and the United States. The product range is extensive and includes bananas, dragon fruit, grapes, oranges, cherries, kiwi fruit, etc."
"This company mainly utilises traditional marketing channels for wholesale retail. There is also an online shop where customers can make periodical purchases, but that is only a small part of our business. At this stage, our main clients are the wholesale dealers in extensive domestic second-tier cities, supermarkets, and fruit shops. Overall, the import volume of fresh fruit in Beijing this year shows a slight increase in comparison with last year. At present the market prices for imported fruit are at the same level as two years ago around the same time."
Company name: Wenxing Fruit Company
Telephone: +86 176 1086 5817
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: