Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia: Technology helps track orchard's activities
The manager of a 70ha orchard, Ardmona horticulturist Mitchell McNab, takes a conscientious approach to planning, preparation and research by using real-time data. countrynews explains.
McNab said ‘‘From record-keeping on-the-go, to orchard management, picking, packing and transport, new innovations drive our productivity gains and ensure we are producing the highest quality apples, pears, peaches and plums that we can,’’
McNab also said "Diversification has also been a key factor to success, with the family installing computer-controlled cool and dry storage operations with capacity for 8000 pallets that is used by several local growers, establishing a Murray Grey cattle stud and setting up a fodder production facility."
"Accurate tracking and monitoring of tasks from the field to the packing shed, during transport and right through to market was pivotal." McNab said.
‘‘Good record-keeping is also essential in this business of growing and supplying top quality produce so consumers have a good eating experience and repeat-buy our fruit.’’
To achieve this McNab family introduced the Agworld platform to analyse their production and business data and share with their workforce.
Publication date: 11/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: