Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
San Miguel, awarded for 'Best Environmental Management'
San Miguel was distinguished with the Award for ‘Best Environmental Management’ after developing the Productive Protected Landscape along with ProYungas Foundation, in the natural ecosystem where the company carries out its main operation.
La Nacion, one the main newspapers in Argentina, and Banco Galicia, delivered the Agricultural Excellence Award to 15 growers, companies and institutions that seek to innovate, incorporate technology, improve the quality of production, care for the environment and relate positively with their social environment.
San Miguel was distinguished as the Best Environmental Management category after developing the Protected Productive Program with the ProYungas Foundation to promote and value the preservation of native forests and the balance of the Yungas ecosystem, natural habitat where the company's main operation takes place.
"We are proud of this award. It is a recognition of San Miguel’s work and commitment to environmental conservation," says Lucas Méndez Trongé, Corporate Affairs and Sustainability Director. "This distinction for Best Environmental Management is also another example of how strategic sustainability is in the company's business model, as it is a part of its organisational and management culture", concludes Méndez Trongé.
Every day, San Miguel renews its commitment to each of the dimensions of sustainable development: environmental, social, economic. This recognition encourages us to continue working in order to grow together in a more sustainable world.
For more information:
Tel: +54 114 721 8300
Publication date: 11/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: