Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
- AU: Strong cherry production helps drive Tasmania's agri-food growth
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey had highest amount of RASFF notifications in 2016
The 2016 Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF) report shows Turkey has the highest count of Pesticide residues and aflatoxins in produce. As shown on foodqualitynew.
The highest number of notifications by Origin were from Turkey: for pesticide residues in fruit and vegetables it was 77 and for aflatoxins in nuts, nut products and seeds it was 68.
Fruit and vegetables topped notifications by product category with a count of 497. This has reduced from 634 since 2015.
Rejections at the EU border had the most straightforward notifications with concerns of pesticides residues in fruits and vegetables.
Overall figures compared to 2015 are an increase of 17.5% in follow up notifications and a decrease of 1.8% in original notifications.
According to the report "The increase in alerts (both follow-ups and original notifications) is significant for the last consecutive three years, contrasting with decreasing numbers in other notification categories," said the report.
"This demonstrates that members of the network are progressively focusing their efforts on cases where serious risks with products placed on the market require rapid action to be taken, thereby increasing the efficiency of the network."
Publication date: 11/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: