Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey had highest amount of RASFF notifications in 2016
The 2016 Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF) report shows Turkey has the highest count of Pesticide residues and aflatoxins in produce. As shown on foodqualitynew.
The highest number of notifications by Origin were from Turkey: for pesticide residues in fruit and vegetables it was 77 and for aflatoxins in nuts, nut products and seeds it was 68.
Fruit and vegetables topped notifications by product category with a count of 497. This has reduced from 634 since 2015.
Rejections at the EU border had the most straightforward notifications with concerns of pesticides residues in fruits and vegetables.
Overall figures compared to 2015 are an increase of 17.5% in follow up notifications and a decrease of 1.8% in original notifications.
According to the report "The increase in alerts (both follow-ups and original notifications) is significant for the last consecutive three years, contrasting with decreasing numbers in other notification categories," said the report.
"This demonstrates that members of the network are progressively focusing their efforts on cases where serious risks with products placed on the market require rapid action to be taken, thereby increasing the efficiency of the network."
Publication date: 11/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: