Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kees van den Bosch, Freeland:
"Leek price level has never been so low"
The price of leeks has been under pressure since the summer. At this time of year leek is in full production and the price drops even further. "I can't remember the price level ever being this low," says Kees van den Bosch of Freeland. "Prices are between 10 and 15 cents. I don't see a change in this happening in the next three weeks."
There is less demand for leeks in Germany in particular. Kees: "I get the feeling German growers have expanded their area. There used to be more demand from Germany around this time. A lot of kilos are being harvested per hectare throughout Europe as well, so the supply is large."
Leek is a successful export product for Freeland. "In recent years we have been able to export more and more," concludes Kees. "The export is also continuing this year, but it won't start to really get going until it freezes, so everything could be different in a month. At the moment Scandinavia is the only ray of light. At this time of year production is no longer possible in these countries."
For more information:
Kees van den Bosch
7821 CE Emmen
T: +31 591 670570
F: +31 591 670579
Publication date: 11/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: