- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Rewe builds state-of-the-art fulfilment center for online food retailing
In the field of online food retailing, Rewe Lieferservice is the market leader in Germany. "The new FFC 2.0 integrates state-of-the-art shuttle and picking technologies from Knapp AG, the market leader in this field, which have been further developed and ensure a high level of efficiency. In addition, they lighten the work load of our employees," said Christoph Eltze, CEO of Rewe digital. "Previously, employees had to walk 12 to 15 kilometers per shift to pick orders. In the new FFC 2.0 it's the other way round. Now, products come to the order picker simply and conveniently via automated shuttle technology, all the while taking into account the different cooling specifications and are compliant with the exceptional Rewe quality standards.”
The construction of the Food Fulfilment Center 2.0 with a base area of 2.5 football fields is expected to be completed by the end of the year. Total construction time is set to be one year. The gross volume corresponds to around 250 single-family homes. It will offer space for state-of-the-art storage and picking technology as well as sufficient room for office and social areas. In the first quarter of 2018 all the equipment, in particular the installations of the intralogistics, will arrive. The necessary training of the employees will also take place around that time. By summer, all essential tests will be completed and the warehouse will be ready for deliveries in the area around Cologne. After that, this area will be expanded further.
"Fresh food is a matter of trust for our customers. Freshness and quality are crucial for Rewe customers, both online and offline. With online ordering in particular, it is also about service and attractive offers, suitable delivery time frames and efficiency. With the new Food Fulfilment Center 2.0 we are taking an important step as the first movers in Germany. This way we are making sure we can continue to offer our customers an attractive online shopping experience in the future," said Jan Kunath, Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board of the Rewe Group.
Source: Rewe Group
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-19 Alba Bio: hard times for the tomato, good the courgette
- 2018-11-19 Albert Heijn impresses with mechanised distribution centre
- 2018-11-19 "Our fermentation process using packing machines is unique in Europe"
- 2018-11-19 "When you have an excellent concept, money is less important"
- 2018-11-19 Steve Church receives 2018 Valley of the World award
- 2018-11-19 APAL appointment signals export readiness kick-off
- 2018-11-16 "Stable retail for imported kiwi fruit in Taiwanese market"
- 2018-11-16 Costa announces agreement for acquisition of Nangiloc Colignan farm
- 2018-11-15 "Good step taken by opening our own warehouse"
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Agrofruit goes into liquidation
- 2018-11-15 MSC, A.P. Moller – Maersk, CMA CGM, Hapag-Lloyd and Ocean Network to establish container shipping association
- 2018-11-14 Carrefour guarantees freshness of fruit and vegetables
- 2018-11-14 Opening of store "Les Comptoirs de la Bio" on Reunion Island
- 2018-11-14 HHLA exceeds last year's high level
- 2018-11-14 Two promotions for healthy snacks and salads company
- 2018-11-14 New chapter opens up for Canadian microgreen growers
- 2018-11-14 UK company expands further into South Africa
- 2018-11-14 China: "The ROI of projects is more important than ever"
- 2018-11-13 "Switching in one go was the right choice"
- 2018-11-13 Kiremko appoints General Sales Manager