Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Jordan: Significant rise of potato and cucumber pricesThe prices of vegetables, especially potatoes and cucumbers, have increased significantly in Jordan, as the price of a kilo of cucumbers has reached 75 piastres (about 0.89 Euro), while potatoes cost a dinar and a quarter (about 1.48 Euro). Many wonder why the government has kept silent about these allegedly unjustified increases and have called on it to adopt measures to reduce this rise, which may result in the inability of many families to buy these vegetables.
The owner of a vegetable and fruit shop, Iyad Mansour Omar, attributed the rise of some varieties of vegetables to the price increases in the central market, saying that retailers will consequently be forced to raise prices.
The head of Jordan's fruit and vegetable market, Saadi Abu Hammad, said that the prices of potatoes have recorded continuous and unprecedented increases, but he also said that the upcoming arrival of the Jordanian production will contribute to bringing prices down.
He added that the prices of other vegetables will also start falling in the near future as a result of the supply from the Jordan Valley hitting the shelves.
Publication date: 11/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: