Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Jonathan Brook and Hayley Hollonds:
UK: 'Text-A-Potato' personalised potatoes expand to themed gifts
Text-A-Potato sends personalised, hand written messages on potatoes to anyone in the UK and selected European countries. Co-founded by Jonathan Brook and Hayley Hollonds.
The Text-A-Potato team send potatoes with messages in the post. The business has now expanded into themed potato gifts, including spuds for anniversaries, congratulations, birthdays, Mother’s Day, Christmas and even proposals.
Text-A-Potato has also started to broaden its offering to include personalised cards.
"Our potato gifts are sent via a courier and are completely anonymous, unless of course, the customer’s potato message specifically says who it is from. Text-A-Potato is purely an ecommerce company and all of the products are sold exclusively through our website www.textapotato.com."
"We often found it hard to find original, funny and reasonably priced presents for birthdays, engagements, thank you gifts etc."
"We were inspired to launch a novelty gift website because we felt the UK market in particular had a wonderfully unique sense of humour and the demand for the personalised gifts market was ever growing."
"We host Text-A-Potato’s website through WIX who regularly provide support through top tips blogs and advice. The team at Wix regularly share product updates and feedback which means our website is performing at its best."
"Text-A-Potato’s biggest achievement so far would have to be getting through to BBC’s Dragons’ Den. It was a huge process that required interviews, auditions and endless due diligence simply to get through to the filming stage. It was an absolute thrill to finally present Text-A-Potato to five incredible business figures, and watch their reactions as we explained the business. It was an even greater achievement to hear that we had successfully made the final stage which was a prime-time airing, something that is not guaranteed during filming so we were really proud of Text-A-Potato."
"We focus very heavily on the customer’s experience both through our website and in how their friends, colleagues, partners etc. receive the potato gift. The business doesn’t focus on us or the brand, instead we always ensure our focus is on what makes the customer engage with and laugh at, when sending a potato in the post."
"The business itself has low barriers to entry so we have to differentiate ourselves by focusing on quality and experience. Every single potato parcel is carefully created and packaged, the gifts are very personal so we individually create every order. While the potato may be a light-hearted novelty gift, we always ensure that our product is the best quality and fun experience so that our customers keep coming back."
"We hope to continue innovating and growing Text-A-Potato’s product offering. In five years, we would like to have new people on board and grow the creative aspect of the brand and broaden its appeal. We would hope to continue our growth and expand into new international markets."
Publication date: 11/28/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: