- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Spain: 150 Civil Guard agents to protect table grapes
- Philippines: Northern Mindanao can produce 400 tons of veg monthly
- January-July 2018: Agro-exports Peru totalled $3.275 billion
- Sustainability through partnership and innovation
- Blueberry exports out of North America show increase in volume and destinations
Top 5 -last week
- Simple and effective cooling throughout the entire value chain
- Malaysia: Viral message warns of needle found in banana in Penang
- Mushroom grower to showcase blended product and new packaging
- ‘The Hybrid Solution’ presented at BioControl LATAM, Medellin, Colombia
- California growers change safety practices
"We cannot say that the kaki campaign has been a disaster"
"This statement could effectively cause many to fear a huge devaluation of kakis and persuade producers to sell the fruit at cheaper prices," said sources from Fòrum, formed by more than 500 agricultural producers of Algemesí, in Valencia. "We denounce that this situation may favour the interests of the few who dominate the markets," they added.
FreshPlaza has been able to ask some Spanish producers and exporters of this fruit, who reported that although it is true that at this time the prices are not ideal, since this is usually a period with a greater supply, which puts more pressure on prices, "we cannot say, in any way, that the campaign has been a disaster, because that is not true," states a representative of the Regulatory Council of the PDO Kaki Ribera del Xúquer.
In fact, in the first part of the campaign, "almost twice the volume has been marketed compared to the previous season, and at very acceptable and sustainable prices, which shows that the demand for this fruit is gradually increasing across the world," they say.
According to various producers and marketers, consumers are paying the same as in previous years, and this year's production has not increased significantly enough to motivate such statements. "We believe that if the buyer pays the same as last year and the production does not record a significant increase, there is no reason to try bringing the price down even more."
"Causing the market to sink is easy, but irresponsible, as it can cause incalculable damage after breaking the entire chain, which depends on the producers. Many families live off the work devoted to this crop. We denounce the lack of action from the Administration to stop this situation. This may be a good moment for producers to rethink our strategy, because if we stand together, we will be in a stronger position to face these attacks," concludes the Fòrum representative.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 Spain: Mangoes from July to December if the right varieties are planted
- 10/16/2018 Two new varieties in the EAT ME fresh kit range
- 10/12/2018 PapaMango, the Sicilian mango
- 10/12/2018 Bali: Ready to export dragon fruits
- 10/11/2018 ‘Avo prices have hit their peak, supply continues to skyrocket’
- 10/11/2018 Greece: “Our aim is to double our kiwi capacity”
- 10/10/2018 Turkey: Grower in Antalya switches from tomato and pepper to dragon fruit
- 10/10/2018 Vietnamese farmers victims of dragon fruit price drop
- 10/10/2018 Mexico: Mango exports to the US decline due to the rains
- 10/10/2018 Which demographics differentiate Hispanic avocado shoppers from Non-Hispanics?
- 10/09/2018 Chapaya - palm fruit with a meaty edge
- 10/09/2018 AU: Papaya growers experiencing record crop this spring
- 10/08/2018 Vietnam’s Central Highlands encouraged to expand avocado farming
- 10/05/2018 "Currently not much money to be made with pineapples and limes"
- 10/05/2018 Colombia: Hass avocados, Limes, and pineapples for Peru
- 10/05/2018 Thailand: New Zealand avocado season takes off
- 10/05/2018 Avanza to debut in China
- 10/04/2018 "We were able to develop this traceability system thanks to our background as a mango grower in Australia"
- 10/04/2018 Overview of avocado pricing in the US
- 10/04/2018 “Mango market could be headed for a good end of the year”