Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Importer to sell Maltese oranges only in France
There is a variety of citrus, the Maltese orange, that grows only the Cap Bon region in Tunisia. Armand FABRE, a French importer, is going to import this citrus fruit for the first time. “There is a niche market for these oranges in France”, says Yannick Higgins of Armand FABRE.
They will, therefore, only sell this half-blood orange on the French market. “It is a known product in South Eastern France, but other countries in Europe do not know it”, says Yannick.
“Countries like the Netherlands, and the UK are more familiar with Moroccan and Spanish clementines, which are cheaper than the Tunisian Maltese oranges. They, therefore, are willing to pay for the Maltese oranges.”
According to this importer, the volume grown has been increased from 20,000 tonnes grown last year, to 30 000 tonnes this year. Armand FABRE is going to import 4,000 tonnes of this citrus variety.
They will be distributing this small volume of citrus from 16 January 2018, and the season will run through to May. Armand FABRE will be supplying the Maltese oranges in various ways, from 50 x 30 trays to 20 kg volumes for the industry.
For more information:
Tel: +04 42 43 43 90
Publication date: 11/28/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: