Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenyan exporter looks to Eastern Europe marketsMarvel Greens is one of the leading growers and exporters from Kenya, they supply many different fruits and vegetables, mainly to the UK, Germany, the Netherlands and Norway at the moment.
"Our main exports are chillies, French beans, snow peas and herbs, but we also export ravaya and eggplants - white as well as purple - and okra. As per our fruit exports we have passion fruit, avocado and mangoes," explains Amol Kokatnur, Managing Director of the company.
Amol explains that at the moment they export 30 tonnes a week as well as supplying the domestic markets, both retailers and wholesalers. The total production is 60 tonnes a week.
"We grow 90% ourselves and outsource 10% from our out-growers and we can grow our products year-round. We have a lot more capacity which we could use, and we are expanding up to 500 acres - land is available and with good water and power supplies," according to Amol.
The company is targeting a growth of 200 tonnes a week for the coming years.
Amol said that they already have interest from the Russian, Ukrainian and French markets and are ready to export there and, indeed, they are ready to export anywhere in the world if someone wants their products.
For more information:
Tel: +254 731 315 000
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: