- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- India: APM to shut container freight station at Nava Sheva after violence
- Belgium: "Beef tomatoes are gradually becoming a specialty"
- Australian summerfruit growers exporting to China receive extra funding
- ‘Vietnam optimizes dragon fruit exports’
- India: 3 million apple boxes dispatched from Shopian district's bumper crop
Top 5 -last week
Kenyan exporter looks to Eastern Europe markets
"Our main exports are chillies, French beans, snow peas and herbs, but we also export ravaya and eggplants - white as well as purple - and okra. As per our fruit exports we have passion fruit, avocado and mangoes," explains Amol Kokatnur, Managing Director of the company.
Amol explains that at the moment they export 30 tonnes a week as well as supplying the domestic markets, both retailers and wholesalers. The total production is 60 tonnes a week.
"We grow 90% ourselves and outsource 10% from our out-growers and we can grow our products year-round. We have a lot more capacity which we could use, and we are expanding up to 500 acres - land is available and with good water and power supplies," according to Amol.
The company is targeting a growth of 200 tonnes a week for the coming years.
Amol said that they already have interest from the Russian, Ukrainian and French markets and are ready to export there and, indeed, they are ready to export anywhere in the world if someone wants their products.
For more information:
Tel: +254 731 315 000
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-13 Brussels sprouts see sharp increase in demand pre-Thanksgiving
- 2018-11-13 Convincing your Christmas guests to eat sprouts
- 2018-11-13 Italy: Lower quantities and higher prices for courgettes
- 2018-11-13 Peru: Inauguration of asparagus processing plant in La Libertad
- 2018-11-13 Japan: Prices down for home-grown matsutake
- 2018-11-13 China: Tomato price in Xinfadi Market drops by more than 20%
- 2018-11-13 "Green beans from Yunnan enter market in bulk"
- 2018-11-13 Carrots pull in the tourists for northern Switzerland
- 2018-11-13 Meet the man behind the mushrooms in new Wicked Kitchen range
- 2018-11-13 Turkey: Tomato prices and production
- 2018-11-12 Producing off-season green beans is not enough
- 2018-11-12 Crossover imports on ginger means lots of product
- 2018-11-12 “With supply of local leeks we respond to demand of French customers”
- 2018-11-12 Challenging start to desert lettuce season
- 2018-11-12 Mushroom supplies tight in busy time of year
- 2018-11-12 "We employ as many people as possible"
- 2018-11-09 "The new endive season promises to be uncertain"
- 2018-11-09 China: Tomato price significantly increased in 2018
- 2018-11-09 Researchers in Costa Rica create a tomato that is resistant to yellow leaf curl virus
- 2018-11-09 "Hospitality industry and processors make good use of Intense plum tomatoes"